What data do we collect?
Big Smoke collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (name, email address, phone number, etc.)
- Any other relevant additional information provided when signing up for a course
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Big Smoke with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Book a course with us
- Contact us via email, over the phone, via social media, or through our website
- Sign up to our newsletter
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
How will we use your data?
Big Smoke collects your data so that we can:
- Process your booking for a course or workshop
- Contact you about any changes to this course or workshop
- Send reminders and/or material relating to the workshop you are taking (this may be sent from Big Smoke or from a facilitator’s own email address)
- Respond to a query about a course, workshop or other event
- Contact you about upcoming courses or workshops you have expressed an interest in
We do not share your data with other companies.
How do we store your data?
Big Smoke securely stores your data on password-protected course lists via our email server. We may keep your data for up to 5 years before deleting.
What are your data protection rights?
Big Smoke would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Big Smoke for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Big Smoke correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Big Smoke to complete the information you believe is incomplete. ()
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Big Smoke erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Big Smoke restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Our Company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Big Smoke transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Understanding how you use our website
- Providing you with cached versions of previously-viewed pages
We do not share the data collected with any third party. You can set your browser not to accept cookies; this should not affect the functionality of this site for you.
How to contact us