At Big Smoke we aim to provide quality teaching and a safe, creative, fun, and rewarding environment for people to take classes and workshops with us. Here are some things we’d like you to note before signing up:
- We ask that all students sign up for courses, and pay in full, 1 week before the course start date. Students may in certain circumstances be admitted to a course after this date only at the discretion of the facilitator. Please note that many of our courses fill up quickly, so prospective students are advised to book early.
- In cases where someone else is paying for the course (particularly over Paypal) please email to let us know the name of the student.
- If you would like to book someone onto a course as a gift, we recommend purchasing a gift certificate instead. (If there’s a particular course you think they might like, let us know and we can provisionally reserve a space – but experience has taught us it’s best to ensure that the person taking the course chooses it!)
Student Cancellation Policy
- Up to our sign-up cut-off date, i.e. 1 week before course start date, cancellation will entitle you to refund of your course fee, minus a 20% administration charge.
- Those who have registered online or via the post are entitled to a refund (minus administration charge) within 1 week of their payment, in accordance with distance selling regulations, providing the course has not already run/started.
- The Big Smoke team regrets that we cannot refund fees in respect of cancellation after this cut-off point.
- We cannot offer partial refunds to participants who do not finish a course or who miss sessions. In cases of illness or other emergency, please contact us. In these cases, credit towards further Big Smoke classes/events may be offered.
About the Courses
- We want to make sure that participants are in the best environment for them. Please feel free to contact us to discuss your specific needs and goals with one of the Big Smoke team so we can be sure you are getting the most out of your Big Smoke experience.
- Refreshments will be provided during each class/workshop.
- We request that where possible participants arrive on time and stay for the duration of the class/workshop to minimise disruption to other participants. Similarly, mobile phones and other electronic devices should be switched off during class. Any exceptions to this are at the discretion of the individual facilitator.
- Intimidating or threatening behaviour towards other course participants, the facilitator, or any other member of the Big Smoke team will not be tolerated. In situations where students are asked to leave the class/venue, refunds will not be provided and students will not be admitted to future courses or events.
- We value and appreciate your feedback. Please feel free to discuss any issues you may have relating to the course with one of the Big Smoke team throughout the term.