We’ve a few new creative writing classes starting after Easter, before we quieten down for the summer – take a look below.
First off, we have our beginners’ classes (yes, complete beginners are welcome!):
- Introduction to Creative Writing (Saturday mornings, from 27th April) 4 weeks
- Introduction to Creative Writing (Tuesdays, from 30th April) 4 weeks
- Introduction to Creative Writing (Wednesdays, from 8th May) 4 weeks
For anyone post-beginners’ looking for a ‘next step’ writing-wise:
- Creative Writing Follow-On (Thursdays, from 25th April) 6 weeks
- Intermediate Creative Writing (Saturdays, from 5th May) 4 weeks
- Intermediate Creative Writing (Wednesdays, from 8th May) 4 weeks
Specialist courses and workshops suitable both for beginners & those with experience:
- Writing Memoir (Saturday 27th April) 1 day
- Starting A Novel (Saturday mornings from 27th April) 4 weeks
- Children’s and YA Fiction (Saturday afternoons, starting 27th April) 4 weeks
- Storytelling (Saturday afternoons, starting 4th May) 4 weeks
- Popular Genres for Readers & Writers (Thursdays, from 8th May) 4 weeks
We also have a number of once-off seminars and workshops taking place on Monday evenings (6.15-8.45pm) over the next few weeks:
- Character Workshop (Monday 29th April)
- Publishing Seminar (Monday 13th May)
- Dialogue Workshop (Monday 13th May)
- Editing Your Work (Monday 20th May)
Summer camp for teenagers
Details about our Dublin Young Authors summer camp (July) will be available shortly – we’re just waiting on a few final things to be confirmed!
Our September/October course schedule will be available and open for booking by June. Please note that dates have already been set and booking is open for the following specialist workshops: Creative Writing for Self-Expression and Wellbeing (Saturday 21st September) and Getting Published (Saturday 28th September).
That’s all from us for now – do get in touch if you’ve any queries about these courses!
–The Big Smoke team