We’re settling into our new home in 1 Coppinger Row (just across from the Powerscourt Centre) and to celebrate we have a whole new course list ready to go!
Our drop-in creative writing classes continue, Mondays 6.30pm-7.30pm: come along October 19th for ‘Setting the scene’. No booking required: pay on the day.
And plenty of one-day workshops coming up on Saturdays…
– Starting From Scratch (October 17th)
– Introduction to Memoir (November 7th)
– Working with Story for Playwrights (November 7th)
– The Mythic Imagination (November 14th)
– Fantasy Novel workshop (November 14th)
– Second Draft Stress Test for Playwrights (November 21st)
– Children’s Fiction workshop (November 28th)
– Introduction to Creative Writing (November 28th)
We’re also so excited to announce our Dublin Young Authors Programme is expanding! Starting in November, we’ll be including new classes for 18-22 year-olds and 9-12 year olds! Queries can be sent to DYA@bigsmokewritingfactory.com about any our young writers workshops.
Our programme for 14-17-year-olds will return on Saturday November 7th, 11am-1pm. Suitable for newcomers as well as those with some experience, including previous DYA attendance.
We’ll also be running afternoon sessions (2pm-4pm) for 18-22-year-olds – again suitable for those who’ve never taken a workshop before but we very much welcome participants with previous experience. (While people 18+ are welcome to take any of our adult workshops, we’re conscious some are still in school or college and would benefit from an environment specifically designed for young writers.)
Finally, we’ll be holding a one-day workshop for 9-12-year-olds on Saturday November 14th.
As always, don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions!
Looking forward to seeing you there,
The Big Smoke Team!