|Start Date||Duration||Time Slot||Fee|
|Sunday October 14th||1 day||11am-4.30pm||€ 75|
In this one-day workshop we’ll look at everything you ever wanted to know about children’s and YA publishing but were afraid to ask…
- what age group am I writing for?
- the money (how much? how little?)
- following trends: yay or nay?
- what do editors really mean when they say… ?
- how do you find an agent?
- what’s the deal with synopses & why are they so painful to write?
- cover letters – what to include (and why)
- differences between the UK/Irish & US markets
- word count worries
- what’s too controversial?
- how to stay sane when submitting (and getting rejections)
- how to take feedback (without crying)
- keep developing your skills (beyond ‘beginners’)
- what makes a useful critique partner/group?
And anything else that comes up.
(Please note we have a general publishing seminar the previous Sunday as well.)
Facilitator: Claire Hennessy